Whenever you have some important news on your site or a special promotion in your store, you want people to see it. Not only by advertising on third-party platforms but also on the site itself. That’s why WordPress blog or store owners acquire a notification plugin. These are undoubtedly very useful, but they still perform a simple singular function. So, if you’re just starting out, or maybe your business just hasn’t taken off yet, you’ll probably want it for as cheap as possible.That’s why we’ve come up with a list of 7+ free #WordPress #notification #plugins. Each of them is slightly different, so read carefully, and you’re bound to find at least one that suits your needs. Click To Tweet
WPFront Notification Bar
WPFront Notification Bar is a no-fuss notification plugin. If you need something simple that will help you sound the news about a promotion or a new product, then this plugin is perfect for you. It’s effortless to navigate and use, even if you have minimal experience. So, if it’s simplicity and utility you’re after, look no further.
Some relevant features include:
- Positioning the bar either on the top or the bottom
- The ability to display on scroll
- Customizable colors
- The ability to set duration time (before it automatically closes)
- The ability to process shortcodes
Easy Notification Bar
This plugin will allow you to enter your custom notification text and add a button next to it. That way, your visitors will be able both to see the announcement of your news or a special promotion, as well as be taken directly to it. Easy Notification Bar helps you create a static bar positioned right after the body tag. Sure, you might want custom positioning, but a static notification bar that goes away when you scroll has proved itself to be better for SEO.
Other relevant features:
- It’s really easy to set up
- Customize the background, font size, and text
- It requires minimal code
- The design is fully responsive on all screens
WP Notification Bars
When it comes to WP Notification Bars, you can choose between the free and the Premium version. Or just download the free and get the Premium only if you absolutely love it. This plugin is perfect for any sort of promotion, and it promises to improve your click-through rates. This plugin is ideal for promotions because you can create an unlimited amount of notifications and display them to specific audience groups by using it.
- It’s very lightweight
- The design is responsive
- Either fixed or absolute position (your choice)
- The ability to add a CTA button
- The ability to add custom code
- It’s translation-ready
Poptin is probably the most feature-rich plugin on our list today. The drag-and-drop builder comes included both in the free and premium versions, so you’ll be able to create a notification bar in minutes, no matter which version you choose.
It comes with plenty of templates and lead generation features. This app is bound to help you get more conversions, that’s for sure. However, if you choose the free version, your notifications will have the Poptin watermark, and only 1000 people will be able to see it each month.
Some of the best features:
- Unlimited exit popups are included
- Analysis to track the metrics of each pop-up
- The ability to add custom background images and HTML elements
- Integration with an e-mail system of your preference
- A/B testing
Top Bar is a sleek and modern notification plugin. It is very easy to use. No matter how you create your notification, it’s always going to look great. This plugin is a little basic, but it gets the job done just fine. So, if you’re in the market for something simple and straightforward, Top Bar might be the right choice for you.
- An array of bold colors to choose from
- The ability to write a custom message
- The ability to make it sticky
- Adding a button with a URL
- Adding a button with texts
Hello Bar is one of the oldest plugins of this kind, but that doesn’t make it any less helpful, as it’s regularly updated and improved. This plugin also offers free and premium versions. The free limits your customization options, and only the basic ones are available. Plus, only 5000 people can view them per month. If you want to expand on the free version’s limited features, you’ll have to upgrade.
- User generation tools
- Plenty of email integration options
- A/B testing
- Unlimited exit popups
- The ability to show the notification only to selected visitors
- It’s GDP compliant
Advanced Floating Content Lite
Advanced Floating Content Lite is rather basic, as it’s a much more simplified version of a more comprehensive plugin Advanced Floating Content. The Lite version is free, and the regular is paid-for. The Lite version allows the user to create a simple but effective notification bar that you can place wherever you want. However, it does not include a call-to-action button like some other plugins on this list.
- The ability to create an unlimited amount of notifications
- A good variety of customization options
- Supports HTML and CSS customization
- Offers 24/ support
Apex Notification Bar Lite
Apex Notification Bar Lite is a watered-down version of a much more complicated plugin like our previous entry. If you need something that just gets the job done in a stylish manner, then the free version of this plugin is more than sufficient. However, if you wish to take full advantage of all of its lead generation and other useful tools, you’ll have to consider the premium.
- Comes with five pre-built templates
- Allows for customization
- Comes with built-in Social icons
- Has multiple notification bar positions (top,fixed,bottom)
- Different components of each bar (opt-in forms, recent posts…)
- View a Preview of your customized options
We hope you’ve found this article helpful and that you have found the perfect free notification plugin. Yes, some of them might be a little basic, but they don’t break the bank, and they get the job done. If you have any further questions feel free to comment below.